Friday, March 26, 2010

Original Stuff

As I vaguely said in my post yesterday, I AM going to post something today, be it schoolwork or not-schoolwork. As it happens, it is the latter. *cough*

Well, okay, technically, this was still for school, but this is a character I created on my own and sketched prior to the project she featured in. The project in question was a laptop skin, and this was the main image, with a bunch of panels showing scenes from her story as the background. Maybe I'll post the whole image someday! But this was my favourite part off it:



The short story behind this character is that I asked myself what I'd look like as a superhero. Then I got bored in class and drew her a lot and then came up with a plot and personality and so on, and now she's an original character in a Superhero story I'm totally going to write sometime. PS, her name is Annie Matterson. Her hero name is Animator. She did not pick her hero name.

... Of course, part of me thinks it might be bad form to start off original-character posting with a blatant self-insert, but I was having trouble picking which characters and sketches to start with, and this at least looked finished, so I'm starting with her.

... And, self-critique time:
Art-wise, the shading is very basic and could probably stand to be more detailed. Also the pen's shading/highlights look kind of weird. And her right leg looks a little odd going into that boot. I'm not so sure about her arms, either... I don't know, what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment