Friday, April 23, 2010

[Illustration Friday] Round 10: Rescue

HERE WE GO AGAIN WOOOOO--

-checks drawing for this prompt-

--ooo, right.

I was a little... Melancholy, shall we say, when this prompt ran, and most of my concepts ended up here:


How can you tell if someone needs rescuing?


Well something like that, to the effect of not all damsels and dudes in distress really show it. Because I was feeling really self-pitying that weekend (as usual, I put the blame solely on sleep deprivation, and nothing else *nod*).
I'm not sure if it came out quite as clearly here, though. That's supposed to be, like, that writing you do when you breathe on a window? Like that, so it's hidden unless you know where to look/breathe.

I did this entirely in pencil, with the words done by etching them in with a dead pen (and now the page beneath it has cool secret writing too!), and then going over it lightly in pencil, and then blurring that pencil with an eraser. Done and done.

I probably should have darkened the space behind the dude, though, but eh, next time.

I seem to swing between childish-ridiculous and whiny-depressed. Curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment