Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Snakes!

And when I said 'this weekend, with sketches', I meant 'two weeks, with more snake drawings'.

*ahem*

So, I've got the five-man band complete with these next two:

Paul Python:
Paul Python WIP


A ball Python, I took some artistic liberties with the pattern, and then I played around with the colours... I definitely prefer yellow and black. Yeeeeah, I also don't have any shading here quite yet, since this is more of a pattern/design/shape/colour test, and uh, my other flimsy excuse is that I missed a week once already, and if I don't update now, I might miss another one. ... Also I'm excited to have these guys done up because cute toon snakes, am I right? :D

Bella Constrictor:
Bella Constrictor WIP


Much thought was put in to how terrible of a pun her name would be. Other suggestions were Beaux, or Bo (back when I was also wondering if she was going to be a guy or a girl), but I like this one better. It's so terrible, it's perfect. >wipes away single tear of pride<

Oh, right - I know snakes don't have eyelids, but it's important to making them more expressive.

Soooo yeah, I ran through making her greenish with a brown/red pattern because that's what Boas are like in real life, and then I googled Boa Constrictor colour morphs and got creative. I found a pinkish one somewhere, and I was going to use that colour to compensate for Vicky's lack of pink. Alternately, I could just make her more of a burgundy/red style... But then I run into problems with colour uniqueness and the rest of the team.

Speaking of,

The Team:

Snake Squad Groupshot


As you can see here, I'm already having problems with Colby not standing out as much, since Horatio is almost the same colour of tan as Colby, and since Paul also features black in his colour scheme... Eh, I'll work it out somehow.

And... That's all for now, I think! Maybe this weekend will be the lucky one full of fun sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment