Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Evolution of a Character

/ What I've Been Doing For Four Months, Part 1

Hey, remember these guys? Or at least Nero?

Well, y'see, one of the side effects of drawing every day (even if I don't post it) is that your style changes. Usually for the better. Sometimes, you can notice that change over a month, or sometimes even a week.

Blah blah blah, dramatic build up, hey look at this!

Page WIP

Sketched on paper, then scanned and inked and coloured in photoshop!

Still a Work In Progress, though. I keep doing this multitask thing, look where it's gotten me! ANYWAY, yeah, the backgrounds very obviously need work, and admittedly, I mostly put them there so there wouldn't be huge gaping blank spots behind the characters I was so proud of.

But yeah, my point is, hey look! Spot the differences!

Yuu's wings are better! And I figured out what his suit looked like! And his hair is - well you can't see it here, but his headshape and hair are better than in those early doodle pages.

Nero's got a larger and pointier chin, likewise with his nose, and his hair has flared out into four spikes on top, and however many I feel like for his bangs, because I had to draw him repeatedly for a project I will mention later, and the best way for me to stay consistent was to cut corners.
... Uh.

And Krii is- not in this picture, but rest assured his structure is better too.

NeoNero

That's all I have for now! See you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment