Thursday, March 4, 2010

[Illustration Friday] Round 6 (ish): Perspective

Me: Golly, what was I supposed to be doing? I don't know... I have a feeling it's important...
Conscience: It's your homework.
Me: I could have sworn... it's on the tip of my tongue.
Conscience: *coughHomeworkcough*
Me: A nagging thing at the back of my mind. Man oh man, it's like right there, what is it?
Conscience: Is it your homework? I think it's your homework.
Me: Darn, I guess this is going to bug me all night...


WHOOPS It was Illustration Friday! And to a lesser degree, my other assignments!

I am sure I have a plethora of long boring predictable excuses as to why I haven't done this in awhile, but uh. They're not really important, the end result is that I didn't finish on time! I will post my missed I-F's later this weekend, but in the meantime, here is my take on perspective:



Whenever a teacher told us to use one or two point perspective, I would silently break into a cold sweat and a string of curses. Perspective is one of those things you could really, noticeably screw up, and I was terrible with straight lines and believable buildings.

Plus I have a short attention span and would rather be drawing cartoons and characters over perspective guidelines.

On a note about the actual artwork, it is all pencil-sketchy mainly because that is the usual stage that those perspective guidelines are visible and used at and so on, and it would look weird to have all or part of that inked, so, I left it as is. I probably could have cleaned it up a little more, but, um. I... was in a hurry when I scanned it. Yes. That's it.

Not to say I hate using proper perspective and guidelines and such. Just that I'm really paranoid when I am using them. I mean I'll get over it one day, but until then, I'm going to be nervously measuring and remeasuring lines (then giving up and making a ballpark estimate).

Ladies and gentlemen: a wannabe comic-artist! :D

[image advertising my QUALITY ARTWORK goes here]

Tune in next week where I'll draw myself beating up a mannequin representing my dislike for proper proportions in human figures! [/requisite self-depreciating comment]

QUALITY.

2 comments:

  1. haha haa! Beating up a mannequin, indeed. I feel your pain & love your sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I love it! What a great idea. ^-^

    ReplyDelete