Monday, May 3, 2010

Final Assignment [3 page comic, Carol in the Woods]

So in a long story I documented on my project blog, for my final project I did three pages of comic. It was about a crazy person dressed vaguely like a Mountie walking through the Canadian wilderness, and I called it 'Carol in the Woods'. You can read the whole thing over here, but for fancy Art-Blog purposes, I'm posting the first page and my personal favourite of the three:



A close second was the last page, because of my playing around with perspective and frame arrangement, but this page I ended up spending more time on. Even if that log on the third frame is a little unfinished. I'm thinking of doing a version of these pages coloured, and a version of these pages just black and white inked. I'll let you know when that's finished.

About the page itself (and I promise I won't write a novel; I already did that in the project blog), I was playing around with the panel flow, sort of, making it look like Carol was walking uninterrupted, while traveling great distances, that sort of thing. I also wanted to show off a variety of scenery, too. And finally, I wanted to hint that she was a little unhinged, through including little things that are 'off' about the scenery, like eyes where they shouldn't be. Er, though the 'story' is more about Carol going places and seeing stuff than any deep analysis of an unstable mind.

Yup, I think that's about it. I've gotta go do some more art and stuff to mass post by tomorrow, cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment