Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Musical Drawing: Cell Block Tango

So in light of this event that I'm going to today, I decided to do some new art to make myself look good!

Then I hit an art block.

As I was fishing for inspiration, I put my music on shuffle and closed my eyes. Cell Block Tango from the Chicago musical started playing, and then I got a great idea.

So, yes, I think I might make this a thing, now, where I listen to a song and draw what's on my mind, ideally something that accompanies, represents, or symbolizes something from the song.



Ta-dah! ... I think it got a little blurry when I saved it last, but, er, there will be a higher-quality version in those little portfolios on my sidebar. Yup!

So yeah, I was inspired also by the movie adaptation of Chicago, since that's the version I have. I didn't draw any of the women in particular, just elements resembling the kinds of outfits I remember off the movie. Though I'm pretty sure none of them had tails, she looked kind of small without it. It... It made sense at the time.

Yup! That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment